Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Good Man, continued

In which it gets a little too domestic…

One of my goals for the year was to get the laundry room (closet) spiffed up.  Subconsciously I thought that if the room was nice, laundry would easily get folded and put away.  A painted laundry room would solve the problem of not being able to do laundry any time Tate is napping because the spin cycle wakes him up, right? 

I changed my mind on painting the laundry room when I realized what a giant pain that was going to be.  Also, I’m terrible at painting and Rush’s new-to-him bed is STILL in the garage waiting on another coat, so it was unlikely the laundry room would ever have made its way up the waiting list anyway.  And if at times it takes me two weeks to get folded laundry put away, painting should not be at the top of my priority list.

But Trent held up his end of the deal.  Ta-da, risers!

IMG_8718

He was inspired by these plans, but of course made them his own.  He added extra support because, as he kept saying, the washing machine is going to be gyrating up there.  Gyrating?  Trent, this is a family blog.  Let’s keep it clean.  (pun intended)

IMG_8716

Trent knocked out that project really quickly, and although it took almost all day to install and I think he started drinking around 2 in the afternoon, now it’s done!  It really has been helpful to have the risers and I’m hopeful that we’ve solved the constant problem of clothes overflowing into the hallway.  If it’s not totally solved, it’s at least vastly improved. 

Along with cleaning the grime and dryer lint out, that was the extent of the remodel.  No detergent decanted into glass jars, but I’m pretty sure life will go on.  Nice laundry rooms are the supermodels of home magazines. Beautiful, but it’s just not realistic for a life that involves a professional grade carpet cleaner and a gallon size bottle of Shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment