Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Endeavor

If there is one amazing thing that mankind has done, it’s creating a shuttle that hurtles into space on a rocket, then is ferried on an airplane if it needs to travel from one state to another.  I have always, always loved that the shuttle hitches a ride on a plane, but never dreamed I would actually get to see one of those flights.  That is, until yesterday when I heard Endeavor would be flying over Houston and landing at Ellington Field.  The boys and I went out on an adventure this morning to see it.

IMG_9554

There it is, circling around the airport.  It made a few very low, very amazing passes right in front of the crowd before landing and parking right in front of us. 

IMG_9526

IMG_9531

IMG_9516

IMG_9537

IMG_9545

IMG_9551

IMG_9565

IMG_9568

Seeing the shuttle ferry was everything I dreamed it would be and more.  The only dark cloud on the day is how completely inappropriate it is that the shuttle is just stopping for a quick visit in Houston and not staying here forever. 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! This is awesome! I know you loved that experience more than ever and what a great experience and piece of history for Rush and Tate! I got chills when I saw the picture of Rush and Tate wearing USA t-shirts in front of the shuttle! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete