Monday, September 24, 2012

Signs of the Age

I was at the gym last week and the music playing was the Sirius XM Lithium station, 90’s music.  I was associating a Pearl Jam song with a high school dance when I looked around the room and realized that everyone in the room was thinking that’s my jam to one song or another.  Then today I found myself humming along to a Jewel song at the grocery store.  It kind of seems like grocery stores should still be playing The Who or Simon and Garfunkel.  The music of my teenage years has become the background music of 10 AM. 

An Unrelated Reminder to Never Say Never:

IMG_0210

IMG_0211

That’s 10:30 PM as Trent readies the coals and heads inside to set his alarm for 2 AM to take the meat off the smoker.  Trent’s the man who within the past two years said he would never be someone who smokes meat because he didn’t want to be waking up in the middle of the night to keep the smoke going.  Future middle of the night wake-ups can likely be avoided with careful planning.

I’m getting the fall make-over bug.  It’s hard to fully appreciate how oppressive the summer heat is until I start to come back to life when the temperatures drop to the low 90’s.  Time for the two easiest make-overs:  moving furniture and a haircut.  I just need to figure out if I really want short hair again or if it’s just all the 90’s music messing with my head.  I guess I won’t know for sure until I pick a potential haircut picture:  will it be a current celebrity or just a copy of my high school graduation photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment