Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tyler Fair ‘12

We recently participated in the second annual fall visit to-

DSC_0646

the East Texas State Fair and my brother’s home in Tyler.

The number one priority for two small people was the rides.  Tate wasn’t feeling his best on Friday night, so I stayed home with him while almost everyone else went out to ride and eat.  We went back on Saturday so Tate could experience the excitement of driving a fire truck, car, boat, train…he was born for waving in parades.  Rush could have spent all day on those rides, completely forgetting about the cotton candy we previously discussed. 

DSC_0011

DSC_0120

DSC_0018

DSC_0040

DSC_0049

DSC_0190

DSC_0558

DSC_0196

DSC_0583

We didn’t go all out on the fair food, because I would need to take about eight showers after eating a deep fried Kit-Kat, and I really just don’t have the energy for that. 

DSC_0050

But here we are cracking up when Trent presented a brief monologue “-“I want to eat fair food, but I really shouldn’t, but I think we should get a funnel cake.”  Really, who can pass up funnel cake?  Funnel cake + tacos + lemonade = everyone is happy.

DSC_0165

I really think we hit all the main fair facets:  rides, food, exhibit hall-

DSC_0088

DSC_0094

livestock-

DSC_0052

-and carnival games.  I missed Trent’s multiple tries Friday night on Jacob’s Ladder.  Maybe he can build one at home, practice like Wayne Frake in State Fair, and defeat it next year.

DSC_0632

DSC_0169

It’s always nice to visit my little brother, although as Rush would say HE’S NOT LITTLE!  He’ll always be a little brother to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment