Friday, September 7, 2012

My Sunny Spot on the Bed

A few evenings ago Trent and I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, for the millionth time, setting off a predictable chain of events.  I’ve watched the next four movies this week, two and a half of them today.  Deathly Hallows Part 2 just ended, which means I’m going to end up at the bookshelf with that book as soon as I get out of this chair.  I’ll start reading the chapter at King’s Cross, then decide I need to start a little earlier and flip back a few chapters, possibly back to Bill and Fleur’s wedding.  After reading bits and pieces of that book, or possibly the whole thing out of order, I’ll pick up another book from the series and read it start to finish.  Inevitably, I’m in for reading at least five of the seven books.

When were were in high school, my sister had a yellow comforter on her bed, which was under an upstairs window.  It made for an especially sunny spot that was a favorite place for our cats to nap.  One day my brother walked by, and seeing that Bjorn (our Norwegian cat) had been napping all day, exclaimed, “Bjorn, is this what you do with your life?!”

I might just start with Goblet of Fire and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment