Friday, November 30, 2012

No Beginning and No End

I found the best book at the library a few weeks ago, The Repurposed Library.  Every project in the book is made from an old book, and not just decoupaging them (spell check is saying that decoupage + ing is not a real word…whatever spell check) and making bookmarks.  Quite a few of the projects included the phrase, “You will need a band saw.”  I want to make pretty much every single thing in the book, but for now I just started with a wreath.

IMG_9864

The directions call for 200 rosebuds and 50 leaves, but I made about 170 and 25 and that worked pretty perfectly.  I guess technically you could just go on gluing rosebud flowers indefinitely, but I ran out of hot glue sticks, which is an accomplishment in itself.  It was the most blistery finger project yet, but worth it.IMG_9867

My sincere apologies to the author of the book I cut apart.  I love most of your books, I really do, except for maybe the one that I stopped 20 pages short of finishing and started cutting and twisting into flowers.  Lesson learned:  I would feel less guilty if I had just picked up a random book at the thrift store and used it for the project. 

I’m on a wreath making kick, so I also made this for my mom-

IMG_9875

Rush and my mom always drink hot tea together in mornings when they’re together, so I thought a wreath of tea bags would be a nice way to replenish her tea supply and jazz up her kitchen.  The whole project consists of tea bags, scrapbook paper, a cardboard circle cut out of a box, clothespins, and Elmer’s glue.  I got the idea from picture somewhere online, but who knows where.   Like most projects, I came across a tutorial, glanced at it, decided to make it weeks later, had no way to access the instructions, and just did my best to make it work.

In the summer, I can barely drag myself to my craft supplies.  But something about cooler weather is ultra motivating.  It might just be that the pool is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment