Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It’s Not Like Picking Pumpkins

IMG_1918

Strawberry picking is a great yearly event for us, excluding that moment when I realize I’ve voluntarily put myself in a field with buckets to pick berries with 2 children and a baby strapped to my chest. 

IMG_1922

IMG_1936

IMG_1924

IMG_1929

IMG_1930

IMG_1937

IMG_1931

IMG_1932

Then I feel the breeze, look up at the sky, and think, this is my job.  Holy cow, life is good.

IMG_1953

IMG_1956

IMG_1960

Realization:  Based on Holly’s strawberry picking outfit, it could be the case that I’ve trained my children to want to wear costumes every day.  We’re participators.

IMG_1967

Later that afternoon, when we were all stuffed with strawberries, I noticed the box of vegetables that we picked up at Froberg’s and executed an overly dramatic hair flip while saying, “oh I have to get a picture of this for our blog.” 

IMG_1973

I felt so hip (insert high schooler rolling her eyes- “if you have to say it’s hip, it’s not hip”) with a box of locally grown veggies in the kitchen, yet much less so while eating turnips for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment