Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More Tyler Highlights or We're Related?

First of all, someone is a great traveller and stayed in a generally excellent mood. A little rest time on Saturday afternoon really helped. Rest time lasted about five minutes.


The drive through east Texas is more of a Dairy Queen ramble then a McDonald's jaunt, so first root beer float for Rush: check.



The most amazing thing about Hunter's cool built-in-the-20's house is the art. There's original art hanging in every room - not prints, not posters, but canvasses with paint, most painted by my brother or one of his friends. He probably has more original art than 99% of the 24 year old males in this country. I always forget that Hunter is artistic because he's good at so many other things. Is it really fair for one person to be both a painter and an athlete? It couldn't happen to a nicer person, but really. Hunter and Alan Bean are on the same life track.

I'm generally fascinated by the fact that my brother, sister, and I were raised by the same parents and grew up in the same household, but can have major differences in the way we live our lives. I'm not talking about having a business degree vs. a recreation, parks, and tourism degree or completely different jobs or life plans; I'm talking details. My obsession began last time I visited Casey and couldn't find any Hershey's syrup in her fridge. She informed me that she has never in her life purchased Hershey's syrup. What? How does she make chocolate milk to drink when she eats bagels? She rarely eats bagels. What? What?!


I bring this up because I have been absolutely flabbergasted since I walked into Hunter's home for the first time. It was so tidy. Everything has its place, there were no piles of pizza coupons, newspaper clippings, and unopened mail. It was neat, orderly, organized. Casey's home is the same way. They both get rid of things that don't have a function; I have a box full of ribbon scraps. I never knew either one of them was so clean, probably because when I lived with them I functioned the same way I do now, with a Pigpen cloud of debris following behind me. It must be a messy gene that I inherited (Thanks Dad!). I'm a few visits away from never being invited back to either one of their homes for leaving my stuff out on coffee tables all weekend. I need to work on my sparkling personality.

That's Hunter's office, by the way. It's huge and has not one but two windows and a table and chairs. He's successful.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kelly! Great update! I try to be tidy because you never know who just might show up. Also, why buy art from Target that everyone else owns when people are willing to paint originals for you?! Also, I'm not one to brag..but my office has three windows.

    Love ya Kelly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete