Thursday, September 23, 2010

One...And A Half

Sunday was Rush's half birthday, so we had half a cake:

I hear that the 18 month mark is when toddlers really start becoming little kids. I picked him up from the nursery this morning after my bible study and he was sitting at a table full of other kids eating a snack. I love seeing him in those settings where I can watch him for a moment or two before he notices I'm there. He is continuing to grow and evolve every day.


School is going great for him too. He walks in with his backpack on, hands his lunch to the teacher and spreads his arms out like "let's get started!" There are no tears for him when I drop him off, but he does give me a good hug before I go.

Again and again I remember that I can't be too nostalgic with him because once something is over, it's over. He recently realized that some of the grocery carts at Kroger have cars attached, so now he runs for them as soon as we get to the store. I miss having him right in my face while we're shopping, but he's having a good time and he glances back at me every now and then. I stop to chat with him too, especially when he's doing things like pulling bags of beans off the shelves or trying to touch the floor as we walk. Every new stage is an adventure with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment