Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Welcome to a New Season

It's officially Fall. By officially, I mean officially to me. I don't know when the "real" start of the season is according to calendar dates, but I do know that I usually wear short sleeves on my birthday -in November- so I end Summer and start Fall after Labor Day. Summer had a good run, but it's time to move on...we're squeezing out the ends of all the sunscreen and my bathing suit was so worn out that I finally just threw it away. With my ever progressing pregnancy it had passed the point of decency anyway.

There are so many things to look forward to: crisp weather, the October issue of Martha Stewart Living (I'm checking the mail every day), pumpkins, trying to get cute pictures of our cats with the pumpkins (maybe this year is the year!), going to the park, the background noise of college football on tv (Trent will be watching football every available moment -it's the sound of the season), picking baby names, Rush's first trick-or-treating experience, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and pumpkin spice lattes.

I did have a pumpkin spice latte today, so you could just say I'm looking forward to more of those. Rush had a pumpkin spice water, which was just filling up the empty cup with water after I finished the coffee. He liked it. Oh, and I already made the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, yum, although apparently not everyone jumps into the season so quickly because I had to go to two different grocery stores to find canned pumpkin.

I'm in crafting mode right now and I keep adding projects to my list of seasonal things I want to make. I finally found a use for the black and white wall paper book I got *for free* at Lowes so by October we should have a fancy new Halloween decoration. Rush "needs" a new pumpkin hat, so I'll be starting that soon. The green yarn below is all that's left of a knitting project that I just finished but can't say anything else about at the moment because it's a gift. I just like finishing something every so often.


So welcome Fall, can't wait to spend some time with you.

1 comment: