Monday, August 30, 2010

Peace To All Who Enter Here

A front door seems like a simple thing, but it's the official "welcome to our home" point and therefore important to me. I've wanted a new door for the year and a half we've lived in this house. On the day we moved in, I was laying on the floor in the empty living room waiting for Trent and the movers to arrive, and I could see light streaming in through giant cracks in the door. I'm sure there was also conditioned air streaming out as well. Also the old door was a weird color and half the paint was scraped off in a destitute rather than distressed way. But now, finally, after an oddly lengthy process, it's here - our new front door:

I've been dreaming of a blue door.

It didn't make the picture, but Trent is nailing on the "Peace to all who enter here" plaque as I type this. Maybe Bolivar will get the peace vibe - can you see him in the window plotting his escape? I hope everyone, human and animal alike, gets a peaceful feeling here.

No comments:

Post a Comment