Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Preparations


Rush will be starting preschool or mother's day out (whatever you want to call it) soon, so we're getting ready. He has a backpack, lunch box, and now a snazzy new nap mat. I'm not sure that he really gets that the mat is for napping, but at this point in the summer it's just something his teachers are going to have to help him learn.

I made a cover for his mat using two yards of fabric and a little bias tape. The cover also features an attached pillow case with a small pillow that I made using Casey's trick of "buy a bed pillow, cut it in half, and sew the edge." The fabric is covered in dogs for our little animal lover.

Based on our visits to the school this summer, I think he's going to love preschool. Play, eat lunch, nap...it's really a great schedule.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty ideal schedule for you to follow while he's at school too.

    I know that's my plan.

    Come soon, kindergarten. Come soon.

    ReplyDelete