Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Post Titled "BEACH"

We spent last weekend at the beach with this group:

I do like the slant to the picture above. It gives a little sense of crazy, although I don't think it was unreasonably crazy considering there were 13 of us in the cabin, 5 under the age of 3 1/2. The trick with all the kids is to stay outside, so we were on the beach by 9:30 on Saturday morning, 8:30 on Sunday. We stayed on the beach all day Saturday, fueled by gourmet soft tacos made by Nick and Kellaura. When I say gourmet, I'm talking about toppings including jicama and cucumber slaw, mango, spiced pecans...should I go on? They also made individual fruit salads in mason jars and brought a tablecloth for the cooler. I love when life has Martha Stewart touches.

Thanks to Brandon and Amber, our new baby got his or her first beach toy - can you read "Bump" on the yellow pail?

If I can go back to talking about the food, everyone taking control of one meal turned out to be a fabulous plan. The Moncla's bacon mozzarella burgers and sweet potato fries hit the spot Saturday night and the Harris's win the breakfast award for not only making delicious breakfast casseroles - baked french toast anyone?- but also for getting up and serving breakfast early.
Our previous trip with this group was to Colorado, then we follow up with this trip to Bolivar. I'm all for sticking to the mountains/beach/mountains/beach rotation. It looks like mountains are next!

1 comment: