Friday, October 8, 2010

Cookies for Friend

My BFF Kate's baby is due very, very soon, so I'm anxiously awaiting the phone call about her new arrival. Her daughters were both born in Los Angeles and my irrational fear of California earthquakes kept me from ever visiting, so I've never actually seen one of her children as a little baby. I'm really looking forward to meeting the newest member of their family. They're adding a boy to their current line-up of two little girls, which I know from experience is a winning combination.


Because Kate is always working on something special and handmade for someone, I wanted to make something special for her girls and new baby. For the girls, I adapted my Raggedy Ann pattern to make little witch dolls, which was a really fun project (excluding the hair, which I always forget is super tedious). It's hard to tell from the picture, but their skin is green. There was pressure to finish them and get them in the mail in early October so they didn't seem like they were made on some sort of craft clearance if they didn't receive them until Thanksgiving. It was probably a good idea because it got the gifts in the mail pre-baby.

For the new baby I made the snuggle wrap blanket from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones, so lovingly modeled by Pluto. On most blogs when people show off their crafts, they set them up in good lighting in a nice area. Looking at the picture I took, I probably should have at least made my bed first.


I loved that blanket so much that I made one for our baby too.

Speaking of our new baby, he or she is a kicker. Trent and I sat down to watch last night's Mad Men episode and the baby was bouncing around for the entire hour. Between Rush's love of the outdoors and this baby's apparent energy level, I think we'll be spending a lot of time outside running around over the next few years.

1 comment:

  1. The blanket is so so beautiful Kelly, and the witches are going everywhere with us. One of them is naked. People stare, but probably not much more than usual.

    ReplyDelete