Friday, October 8, 2010

Movin' On Up

Rush moved out of the nursery and into his new bedroom last week. He really likes the room during the day, not as much at night or nap time. We're still working on a new routine, but we'll get there.

It was actually really fun putting together Rush's new room. Miraculously we had a lot of things around the house that we were able to spiff up and repurpose. We repainted the dresser with leftover paint from our front door and the curtains were made from cutting apart an old curtain from our old apartment and adding some new fabric.

My favorite part of the room is this little nook. Rush totally understands it and will lounge on the pillows and hand me book after book after book after book to read. I also finally found a way to incorporate my favorite passage from Charlotte's Web by painting it on a canvas. Well, painting it and writing it in Sharpie.

My other favorite part of his room is his name banner hanging over his bed. I've said it a million times, but I love starting projects that are easy to finish quickly. I mainly followed the directions I found on this site.
The one detail that I keep forgetting about is that we haven't cleaned out the closet yet...agh. I have to clean out the closet in our room first to find a place to put some of the stuff, which I know includes, among who knows what, a karaoke machine, a file cabinet and a zillion papers that need to be filed, miscellaneous pictures that we don't know where to hang and therefore have been floating from closet to closet, and a mattress - an entire twin size mattress shoved into a closet. The thought of cleaning out three closets- because I need to clean out the nursery closet as well to figure out what is baby stuff and what is Rush's stuff- is just making me tired. For now, I'll just go get a nice cold drink...maybe that will motivate me to start that later...?

1 comment:

  1. I always just bank on the wonderful nesting instinct to kick in eventually.

    Wait, aren't I due in like 8 days? Where the hell is my nesting instinct?!

    The room looks awesome, btw.

    ReplyDelete