Monday, November 22, 2010

Cravings

If you were ever searching for the recipe for the most perfect, delicious chocolate chip cookies, your search is over.  I found it.  Surprise – it’s the recipe on the package of Kroger brand semi-sweet chocolate chips.  I ate a million cookies a day until yesterday, when the supply was finally depleted. 

IMG_4371

Rush enjoyed them as well and when he says “cookie” he says it with real meaning, similar to Cookie Monster.  He learned to dip cookies in milk and really, really liked drinking milk out of a glass.  Not a sippy cup or a plastic cup, but a glass.  We’re trying to teach him good manners and apparently he’s embracing it.  I’m anticipating that he will expect his milk in a champagne flute during the holidays.  

IMG_4375 In healthier food news, my grapefruit cravings are back.  Forget pickles and ice cream, I must get some sort of vitamin C deficiency while pregnant.  After going back and forth with Trent last night over who would run to the store for grapefruit juice, I finally just went to bed and this morning I went out for a jug of grapefruit juice and giant bag of grapefruits.  Lesson learned and applied from my first pregnancy:  the grapefruits and juice are good enough, I don’t also have to supplement with Fresca.  I wouldn’t turn down Fresca, but how much money can one family spend on grapefruit?

IMG_4390Only a few days until Thanksgiving and not only am I ready for turkey and dressing, I’m already thinking about my Friday leftover lunch, a sandwich made with one of Trent’s grandmother’s homemade rolls and broccoli rice casserole.  Even if I didn’t get to eat any turkey this Thanksgiving, I would be content to just look at this decoration that I found in Rush’s school backpack.  It’s one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen.  Well, it’s one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen besides Rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment