Monday, November 15, 2010

Ducks!

We had a fun visit from our friends the Harrises last week.  They have two girls, so Rush got a sneak-peek of what it’s like to have a sibling for a few days.  We spent a lot of time outside, so on Friday morning, Elizabeth and I took the kids out to a park near our house to feed the ducks. 

IMG_4366

Rush mainly wanted to hand-feed the ducks and it took awhile to get him to throw the bread to them.  At that point he had also decided to start eating the bread.  Yum.

IMG_4363 The next picture was taken a few minutes before Rush ran into the water, I’m assuming either because he wanted to pet a duck or because he’s used to the beach where he can run into the water.  I guess it wouldn’t be a trip to the duck pond for a little kid if he didn’t leave with soaking wet shoes and socks.  “Duck” is one of the words he can say, and I think he caught on to the fact that ducks say “quack quack” as well.

IMG_4370

We had a great visit with the Harrises, but Rush did end up spending Saturday with what we refer to as “a case of the Caseys.”  That’s when you get so worn out that you spend all day barfing and sleeping.  It doesn’t happen to everyone, or probably even that many people at all, but knowing my sister Casey for the past 27 years I’ve seen it enough times to recognize it.  I think the stretch from Halloween weekend through the time change and last week were just compounded exhaustion for him.  I’m pretty sure he’s back to normal now, but we will be trying to stay as low-key as possible for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment