Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day

Mother’s Day Out started again for Rush today.  He has been giddy about school and I know he’s ready to be back with other kids.  He was a little nervous once we actually got to school, but all the kids were nervous.  You could tell everyone in the classroom was trying to hold it together and all the kids cried at least a little, which was heartbreaking but understandable.   A lot of things take warm up time, but they’re worth getting past the beginning.

IMG_6535

I was thinking we would sit around the kitchen table after school, eating the cookies Rush and I made yesterday and talking about his day.  The kink in the plan was that my car wouldn’t start in the school parking lot this afternoon.  By wonderful divine intervention, my friend Tiffany was still in the parking lot and after unsuccessfully trying to jump my car (the battery was beyond dead) she gave us all a ride home.  Rush got to ride home with his best friend Barrett, we stopped at Sonic for drinks, and I was reminded how amazing it is to have such a good friend living right down the street.

IMG_6533

It may be my inner (and outer) nerd talking, but there’s something so exciting about the first day of school, all the possibilities. 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha - i love that top photo. "im a proud boy"

    ReplyDelete