Saturday, August 20, 2011

First of all, never bad mouth synergy*

Way back when I worked at Disney World, my very first day of work was an all day corporate training.  I remember two things about that day:  the first was the guy at my table who had tattoos removed so he could get a job there and comply with the “no visible tattoos” policy, the second was a long lesson on synergy.  At the time, The Lion King was the prime example of synergy:  your son could wear his Lion King t-shirt while watching the movie, then head to school with his Lion King lunch box, then go to Disney World for the Lion King attractions. 

I’m too invested in Disney to do anything other than go right along with their plans.  I bought Rush a multi-pack of Pixar underwear and now I’m letting him watch the movies so he’ll be excited about the underwear.  He’s really into Toy Story, which he watched for the first time recently while holding his Woody doll, which we already had.  We listened to that “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” song twelve times in a row in the car today (already had that cd pre-children, and the DVD, yikes).  He picked out Toy Story fabric for his new nap mat cover for school too.

IMG_6506

My favorite part is when the castle with the Pixar logo shows up at the beginning of the movies, Rush points to it and yells “I GO THERE!”  Yes.   Let’s go.  (Pretty sure the castle on the logo is Sleeping Beauty’s castle in California, but we get the point.)

And the new reigning Lion King of synergy?  We opened that Pandora’s box of having boys last night:  we watched Cars.

IMG_6525

Tate is not allowed to watch tv yet, by the way.  As you can tell.

*thank you Jack Donaghy

No comments:

Post a Comment