Monday, August 15, 2011

War Paint

IMG_6417

I was in the room with him when this happened.  You can’t look away for a second, yet at the same time, you can’t watch every second.  I don’t want to watch every second, we’re trying to build independent individuals around here.  And yet – a clean bedspread would be nice.

IMG_6418

I didn’t even know I had lipstick in my nightstand. 

IMG_6419

My grandmother, Gran, used to have lipstick in her bathroom in fancy lipstick holders.  Casey and I knew we were allowed to play with that lipstick, and one day we decided to systematically cover our entire faces, starting with our foreheads.  The trick is that when we did that in 1986, Gran had cold cream. 

IMG_6420

I do not have cold cream.  I do however have baby oil, Cetaphil, and a gigantic bottle of Shout, so happy ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment