Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I Got a Full 40 Minutes




I think if Holly wasn't the youngest we would have remembered to dress her in cute Halloween attire and snap a hundred photos in the pumpkin patch.


So every article about health/wellness talks about getting a good 7-8 hour sleep at night.  Here's the real question:  Is there any adult getting a good, solid, uninterrupted night's sleep?  I can't think of anyone I know -kids or no kids, any age over 30- who says, yeah, I sleep great every night.  I'm starting a poll.  Unrealistic expectations have been set and it might be time to figure out what the real sleep situation is.

*update- It took about three seconds of research to realize that "segmented sleep" is a real, historical thing.  Maybe I'll read more about that in the middle of the night.

4 comments:

  1. You know how sometimes it takes someone else to point out something about yourself...? Has it ever occurred to you that you have been a night-owl YOUR WHOLE FREAKING LIFE?! As someone who lllloooovveess to sleep (not to sleep-in, but to go to bed early and stay snuggled in all night) and who practically shared a room with you for half my life, I can say with some confidence: your "full 40 minutes" has always been your norm! Can you imagine how it was for mom and dad having you as a newborn!? It's just your nature. Go with it. Use it to your advantage. The middle of the night is a great time for caring for basilisks. Not that I would know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being awake from 3-5 AM or 4-6 AM is no longer night owl...it's MORNING when I want to be asleep!

    ReplyDelete