Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Sewing


It's October 1st and we're starting Tate's bat costume for Halloween.  He has VERY SPECIFIC requests, including thumbs.  Thankfully it was easy to find a black hoodie because an unconnected hat was just not going to cut it.  So Tate and I will be creating a bat costume using a hoodie, black fabric, boning for the wings, and gloves.  We're just going to stare at the drawing of a bat wing compared to a human arm from the last page of the book Stelllaluna and make it awesome.


I would rotate these pictures if I was going to live forever and thus had endless time to spend messing with uncooperative formatting.  My apologies for the imperfection.  Let me also add-


Why yes, that is a bare mattress on the floor covered in buttons.  

I'm working on two quick dresses for Holly with fabric that I already had.  They're mostly done; it's just he last bits of button sewing and hemming left.  My plan is to work on that in a few minutes and hopefully finish at least one.


 Because there are other projects in the wings.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome, and awesome! And doesn't Holly look adorable and jabbery. Ha-ha. That girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing cuter than sewing for little girls. Hmmm, can I pass along some fabric and patterns to you?

    ReplyDelete