Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thinking Ahead

Sometimes I wonder what my career will be when I finally have to go back to work.  The problem remains that I reached my dream job -tour guide- when I was 21, and the salary was minimum wage.  In addition, at some age Tour Guide becomes Volunteer Docent, and the salary becomes zero.  I know I've hit that age.

People say, what would you do for free?  Figure that out then do it!  Okay, so raise my kids, living the dream!  Again, the salary is zero and we will one day have to pay for multiple college educations.

Something else I would do for free- decorate a car for Trunk or Treat.


So, does anyone pay for that?  Why can't I seem to want a job that comes with a salary?  Also, I don't want to have people telling me their theme and what they want their decorations to look like.  I just want to make what I want to make and then have people pay me for it.  So, artist?  In that case, beginning November 1, that monster sign is for sale for $500.

In reality, one day in the *hopefully distant* future, I'll be back to looking for a job and participating in the conversation where people ask me what I want to do.  No, you tell me what job you have available and I will learn to do it.  If I had something I really wanted to do, I would be putting all my energy into getting that job.  Wouldn't life be easier that way?  Thankfully, all this can wait for another day.

1 comment:

  1. SOLD! wait... is that 500 dollars or pesos? I'm going to be a firefighter when I go back to work. Or a competitive eater. I guess I've got some time to decide between the two. OR start training for both!!

    ReplyDelete